We've all got one; a group of friends who get together and talk about food, share recipes and techniques and generally shoot the shit. Ours just happens to be foul-mouthed and unabashed. This blog is a collaboration of authors (even occasionally male!) who share a love of booze, profanity, food and bitching.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Best. Wings. Ever!

One of the things that I love about living in the Caribbean is the local tendency to waste nothing when it comes to a carcass. Go to the grocery store and you'll see the necks, wing tips, backs, offal... Every part of a chicken, laid out fresh. This grosses a lot of American students out when they first get here. Me, I had visions of roasted bones and savory chicken stock dancing in my head!

You can also buy huge bags of fresh wings. I found this recipe the other day and decided to give it a go. I can't get Frank's buffalo sauce down here, and the local stuff is too buttery/not spicy enough for me, so I decided to try a teriyaki glaze instead.

I marinated the wings in the 50/50 mixture of Italian dressing and soy sauce overnight. This morning I pulled them out, drained them, patted them dry and then roasted them for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. I mixed up some teriyaki sauce and sriracha sauce and tossed the wings in it before popping them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

Oh. Em. Gee. Sooo good! I only wish I'd used a little more sriracha, because a little more heat would make these perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment