We've all got one; a group of friends who get together and talk about food, share recipes and techniques and generally shoot the shit. Ours just happens to be foul-mouthed and unabashed. This blog is a collaboration of authors (even occasionally male!) who share a love of booze, profanity, food and bitching.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Sangria.

Yesterday was the one night only touring performance of "Legally Blonde: the Musical!" in my area, and I went to see it with my mother. It was a genuine girls-day-out with shopping, dinner and a show, and afterward drinks in our jammies in front of my TV. I experimented with a sangria recipe you've gotta try.

1 bottle cheap red wine
1 can (12 oz) of lemon-lime soda
1/3 cup of brandy
whatever fruit you want (I used pineapple, orange, lemon, lime and what was probably the last ripe peach of the season)

Basically dump it all in a pitcher, stir to combine and pour. Really, really tasty stuff. You cannot taste the brandy except in a vague, aromatic sort of way - almost like drinking mulled wine.This would probably be better the longer you let the flavors steep together. I'm making it again tonight and I've left the fruit from last night in the pitcher, added the brandy and have it soaking in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment